Beware of Granite Transformations

Granite Transformations, a company that installs composite granite countertops, does not appear to be a reputable company.They sold me countertops using a new sink and faucet as an incentive.

When installed no one bothered to check clearence of the new faucet and I can no longer open my window blinds above my sink. I was also mislead on the faucet (cheaper brand installed than in sales pitch). The number of seams in the counter product were also a misrepresentation and the counter product is dull looking.

Of course, after payment was made the firm refused back its product or sales promises.Watch Out!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 223 Yes 223 802 No 802
Had the same issue 211 Yes 211
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Aug 10 #1197472 Allendale Charter Township, Michigan

I am VERY unhappy with Granite Transformations, as I was mislead by the salesman telling me that the sink was going to be completely recessed under the countertop with NO vertical reveal only to find the installers making it a 1/4" reveal around the perimeter. The salesman also came to the appointment with NO actual samples of the product but colors only, and didn't come to show me the samples until weeks later, 2 days before the scheduled installment

Aug 06 #1195623 Sparks, Nevada

You might try Rejuvinate for laminate counter tops. It does make it shine; however, it does not have the pop of color that real granite has... but at half the cost and quick installation, it is worth it.

Jul 10 #1183434 Santa Cruz, California

I am having my second home redone by Granite Transformations and have been extraordinarily satisfied with their work. They do not install solid granite, so it would be unrealistic to expect their products to have that appearance. Their counters look as nice as any fabricated product I have seen. It is much more durable and far less maintenance than traditional Granite. The time saved and not having to tear out the old kitchen counters is considerable. They are very transparent in letting you know where the seams will be. If you want a seamless countertop, I would recommend Corian.

Nanci

Dec 20, 2015 #1081602 Livonia, Michigan

thanks for the posts. I will look elsewhere. I don't like the attitudes of the replies from the company.

Aug 24, 2015 #1023939

you do have recourse. 1) Sue 2) contact legal aid or your lawyer
3) contact the Better Business Bureau 4) raise holy *** and then proceed to numbers 1 & 2.

Dec 04, 2015 #1073795

Of course there's the option you left out, and it's the most important! If you want quality, realize that it costs money.. as in more than the bargain bin prices mentioned here. Cheap people need to learn that until they step it up, they're destined to be disappointed and will spend more time whining online than they ever will to simply make a better choice BEFOREHAND.

Dan

Aug 29, 2014 #863173 Everett, Washington

I had Granite Transformations in Mukilteo, WA do my countertop and backsplash two years ago. The husband and wife were fantastic to work with. It looks fantastic and it is now two years old. Everyone who comes to our house comments on our new kitchen.

3 0 Reply
Deb Varner

Oct 02, 2014 #879143 Mukilteo, Washington

Thank you, Dan! We really love what we do and we love our customers! I'm so glad that you are happy!
Deb and Bob Varner, owners, Granite Transformations North Seattle in Mukilteo, Washington

minny

Apr 25, 2014 #809090

I had Granite Transformations install a kichen and bathrm counter in 2009 complained a few times.
Nothing done!
Went to the home and garden show told them it looked awful.
1 staff said use bleach and water and buff with cloth, while another said use orange peel stuff.
i have use so many things that they said it did not work...looks like ***
do not get them out $6,500/ :(

JB

Nov 18, 2013 #743847 Wichita, Kansas

I love my granite countertops from granite transformations!! Years later they still look brand new.

1 0 Reply
bugaboo

Nov 16, 2013 #743437

I would not recommend this company! I received an estimate to do my bathrooms and to my surprise, it was almost TWICE as expensive as real granite, with less color choices and appears to look cheap and fake. When calling to cancel my upcoming job, they told me that I could not have my deposit of over $1200 back! I was asked to sign my contract ONLY to verify my color choices, number of sinks needing to be replaced and number of new faucets and finish that needed to be ordered. I was never informed of any such cancellation policy, which by the way was printed on the back of the second page of the estimate (very sneaky), until after I called the sales office to cancel. I would have made the call the previous evening but they were closed and I wanted to speak with someone directly. At this point, the only thing that GT did was give me an estimate based on initial approximate measurements. Once I made the initial call to cancel and was told I couldn't have my money back, I told them they were not keeping my money...they would end up doing some other work that was quoted instead. They then informed me that if that ended up being the case, they would increase the dollar amount of the other work previously quoted. After the inital cancellation call was made, I could not reach anyone in the office to speak with the entire day after several attempts. Consequently, I put a stop payment on my check deposit and will now look for some real granite to be installed by a reputable,... Show more

8 0 Reply
GTSLC owner

Mar 03, 2014 #790577 Murray, Utah

This is a blatant lie . I'm sorry you must have the wrong company . We only do business with people who want to do business with our company regardless of the 3 day policy which by the way is posted in big bold black ink on the very front of our contract. The only way we would have disputed refund amount is if customer cancelled after product was ordered and even then we would have worked out a resolution mutually beneficial. Its obvious that the intent of this post by the tone and maliciousness is try and damage our reputation. I hope readers will understand that we have thousands of satisfied customers who actually used our products and services and will gladly vouch for the quality.

5 8 Reply
nancy

Jun 11, 2014 #826354 San Antonio, Texas

I used Granite Transformations a year ago, and it was great. Very professional, great service.

1 0 Reply
Olliespoon

Sep 22, 2014 #873859 Deerfield Beach, Florida

We had Granite Transformations Install counters in our kitchen & bathrooms 5 years ago and we were so very satisfied! The quality of the materials was excellent and their installers did very good work! At that time we purchased all of the hardware for the kitchen & bathroom faucets and our own garbage disposal but that was built into the agreement! The best thing about it ------ they actually made Absolutely NO MESS!! We would recommend them most assuredly to anyone at anytime!

Dec 04, 2015 #1073797

Yeah, it's pretty clear these negative reviews were strategically invented, and that they were never actual customers. There are sites nowadays that pay bored housewives to submit those telltale fake reviews to their competitors.

jag

Nov 06, 2014 #896457 Los Angeles, California

Granite Transformations sales contract is universal, franchise to franchise. It more than likely stated your deposit was not refundable, and should have had all details such as color, three part payment schedule 10%/40%/50%, seams left to installers discretion, with a possible layout of where the installer might set seams, color choice, and chosen splash option. I work for two franchises spent almost ten yrs all together with the company. I read, and followed contracts, job after job. That being said, I cannot speak one way or another for the way a specific franchise runs, operates, or conducts it's business, outside those I've worked for.

bub

Oct 26, 2013 #733658

please think twice before using this company located in TN the product is ok but the installation team suck :(

Oct 03, 2013 #724934

I called the 800 number to complain and was told to pay the balandce owed before they
could help. The backsplash mosaic tiles are crooked and the installer said that was the way it's made. He would not remove or replace it. This cost me $60 per sq ft and Home Depot now sells real granite for $35 sq ft here. The drawers under the top have to be openend from the bottom there is no room above the drawer. I do not recomend them for any job!

Debbi, Florida

6 0 Reply
bravo37

Oct 02, 2013 #724755 Chattanooga, Tennessee

My experience with Granite transformations was quite pleasant. I had new counter tops , new backsplash, new bathroom counter tops x two and trendz glass installed in my shower. The consultant i dealt with was professional , courteous and very helpful in fulfilling my needs. I am in Chattanooga Tn i dont know if geography really matters in the service and quality of work but i do know that i am extremely pleased with my product and with the service.

1-20 of 106 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.